Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Complimentary Lady

12 x 16 Oil on Canvas


I completed this during an Open Studio session at night time. I have been working on painting one color spot next to another. One disadvantage I have with this is that the original drawing or block in gets a little distorted. I have been working on using a mirror and looking backwards at the painting to help my brain get a different perspective when the model starts the pose. I use the first minute to correct any problems in the drawing. then I look at the mirror and I look for value placements. I usually notice them right away with the mirror. It's funny how the human brain gets used to something and it doesn't notice these differences.

That is why it's good to join a painting group with very skilled artist so you can see how they translate something into paint. Thank you for viewing.

-Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment